[vc_tta_accordion shape=”square” spacing=”5″ active_section=”8″ collapsible_all=”true”][vc_tta_section title=”Where to dine at The Del” tab_id=”1447113542350-81812a24-1719″]
Beachfront fine dining, wood-fired pizza and wine, fresh seafood, craft beer, sunset margaritas and a Sunday Brunch fit for a king — The Del has it all. Their culinary team pulls inspiration from the bounty of the sea, San Diego’s best farms, and the hotel’s own herb garden.
- 1500 Ocean: Inspired by its beachfront setting, The Del’s signature restaurant spotlights California Coastal cuisine with fresh local ingredients.
- Sheerwater: Relax on the umbrella-dotted patio overlooking the sea at this casual Coronado restaurant.
- Crown Room: A true feast for the senses, the lavish Sunday brunch in the Crown Room features seafood and sushi, regionally inspired dishes, international cuisine and carving stations.
- ENO: Gather around the outdoor fire pit and enjoy wood-fired artisan pizzas.
- Sun Deck Grill: This beachfront eatery offers tropical drinks and casual fare from the grill, along with garden fresh salads and gourmet sandwiches.
- Babcock & Story: Named for the hotel’s visionary founders, this lively lounge serves up craft beer, classic cocktails and casual bites like juicy Angus burgers.
- Sunset Bar: The outdoor Sunset Bar, complete with fire pits, cocktails and appetizers, offers the perfect West Coast venue to watch the sunset over the Pacific. Specialty drinks include Watermelon Lemonade,…
- Babcock & Story Bakery: For a quick morning bite, pick-me-up or lunch on the go, this popular bakery serves gourmet coffee, artisan teas, pizza by-the-slice, sandwiches, salads and freshly baked breads and pastries 24 hours a day.
- MooTime Creamery: Create your favorite made-to-order treat in this nostalgic 1950s ice cream parlor with handcrafted ice cream, sherbet and yogurt, freshly made waffle cones and all the fixin’s. Open daily 12pm-9pm (until 10pm Friday and Saturday).
- Splash Bar & Deli: This poolside eatery features gourmet sandwiches and light snacks, along with specialty tropical drinks. Open daily 12pm-5pm (weather permitting).
- Del Beach Bar: Conveniently set next to the beach, this gourmet stand features light fare like salads and sandwiches, and refreshing tropical drinks. Open 12pm to 5pm, Saturday and Sunday (weather permitting).
- Boardwalk Bar: Steps from the sand and sea, this quaint café offers light lunch fare, along with refreshing smoothies and cool treats. (Closed until Memorial Day 2016)
[/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”What to do at The Del” tab_id=”1447113542486-137b0d3f-f06e”]
The activities at The Hotel del Coronado:
- Beach S’mores Roast: Cozy up to your private beach bonfire, tuck your toes in the sand and toast marshmallows for an evening of sweet treats. Our “Classic Roast” includes graham crackers, Hershey’s chocolate and jumbo marshmallows. You may also upgrade your experience with enhanced ingredients such as Ghirardelli chocolate, fresh fruit, candy toppings, flavored marshmallows, bacon and more!
- Beach Spin at The Del: Join us for Beach Spin at The Del – a unique fitness experience overlooking the Pacific on the resort’s Paseo Lawn. The 50-minute classes are led by some of San Diego’s best instructors through Beats by Dre headphones along with motivating tunes.
- Cabana Rentals: Relax poolside in a luxury cabana at the Main Pool, which are available for full-day rental for up to 8 people (for a larger group, get a second connecting cabana!).
- Main Pool: Relax and enjoy the sun poolside or in the hot tub. Our pool is kept at a relaxing 80 degrees year-round. Provided for your convenience are complimentary pool towels, chaise lounge chairs, kickboards and water toys
- Del Watersports: Ride the sparkling blue Pacific on a surfboard, paddleboard or skimboard! Our Del Watersports rental desk is located at the Boardwalk Pool at Ocean Towers. Open 9am to 5pm, Saturday and Sunday. Some equipment is available weekdays at the Main Pool.
- Beach Activities: Our golden sand beach was named “America’s #1 Beach,” and it’s the perfect place to build a castle, search for seashells or swim in the sea. Grab a boogie board or sign up for a surf lesson and learn how to hang ten. Or get a great core workout during a paddleboarding lesson from our resident experts.
- DelVenture Kids Program: At Kidtopia activity center, our DelVenture program offers children ages 4-12 exciting 1-hour activities and 3.5-5 hour evening adventures such as Tahitian nights, future chefs, tent city, dinosaur digs, beach olympics and more.
- Fitness Center: The Fitness Center features a variety of cardiovascular equipment, strength training equipment, certified personal trainers, and a wide range of classes such as Pilates, spinning, yoga, circuit work, core conditioning, body sculpting and Zumba.
- Del Beach®: The Del’s full-service “Del Beach” offers luxurious lounge chairs with cushions and terry covers, fringed umbrellas, half-moon cabanettes and plush day beds for full day rental.
- Bike Rentals: Seven speeds, tandems, kids’ bikes or even a four-person surrey are available to rent at PeDels. Navigate a six-mile trail for a scenic coastal ride around Coronado Island or cruise south along the Silver Strand. Open daily from 9am until sunset. Call 619-433-9956 for more information.
- Romantic Beach Bonfire: Rekindle romance with a private beach bonfire, s’mores and house champagne.
- Sailing & Watersports: More aquatic fun awaits in Glorietta Marina, just across the street from Hotel del Coronado. Take a sailing lesson, rent a speedboat, jet ski, waterski, kayak or hop on a paddleboat or a fishing excursion.
- Golf: With over 80 courses to choose from, there’s no shortage of spectacular golf in the San Diego area, including the Coronado public course and La Jolla’s legendary Torrey Pines.
- Family Portraits: Capture vacation memories with a photo session on the beach. Crown City Photography offers professional services to large groups or individual guests.
[/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Where to shop at The Del” tab_id=”1447115220874-186c2805-96de”]
Seventeen unique shops under one roof with rare finds and nostalgic treasures – a shopping experience unparalleled in San Diego. Explore Shops at The Del, a colorful bazaar of designer labels, fine jewelry, home accents, bath and spa products, inspirational pieces, eclectic brands, unique toys and games, antique treasures, soul-stirring books, nostalgic souvenirs and Del-inspired keepsakes.
[/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”The Spa at The Del” tab_id=”1447115416394-cbb0e32f-b03b”]
Spa at The Del in Coronado highlights the healing properties of the sea and offers a wealth of relaxing treatments and beauty therapies, including organic facials, luscious body scrubs, slimming wraps and deep tissue massage. The private terrace with vanishing-edge pool overlooking the Pacific provides the ultimate therapeutic retreat.
Microdermabrasion and Oxygen Facials are available at Spa at The Del! For the ultimate results, our 80-minute Microderm+Oxygen Facial leaves skin fresh, healthy, youthful and hydrated.
(619) 522 8100
Sunday – Thursday, 8:30am – 5pm
Friday – Saturday, 8:30am – 7pm
[/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”The Salon at The Del” tab_id=”1447115620996-43eceb46-4ec3″]
Legendary stars like Marilyn Monroe and Rita Hayworth, Jane Russell and Errol Flynn have all had a close up here, so why shouldn’t you feel like a movie star? Salon at The Del Coronado specializes in haircut, color, highlights, bridal and formal styling, blowouts, manicures, pedicures, make-up and eyelash applications, barber services, waxing and more.
The salon showcases natural eco-friendly products like the aloe vera-based Eufora, the Hero line for men, and anti-aging SpaRitual skin products and vegan and paraben-free polishes for beautiful nails.
10am – 6pm daily
Call 619-522-8808 for appointments.